Thursday, September 5, 2013

Beauty Bits I Picked Up In London

So here we are, showing off beauty bits once more! My last London trip consisted of a much less varied array of purchases. If I remember well it was a lipgloss I convinced myself into buying, and a lot ( I really mean A LOT) of nail polishes. Yeah, so much for diversity. 
Well this time, even if I had less time for shopping, I had a better idea of what can be found in London and where. And here's what I ended up with.

Last time I did a bit of sampling because even if I had heard a lot of great things about certain products, I wasn't going to buy them just like that, especially since they were skincare items. Such was the case with the REN  Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask. It was one of those "I need this!" things, but upon testing it, I wasn't that blown away. Basically it did nothing for me. My skin is usually pretty good so I suspect I just didn't need it. It was good to try before just buying and having it sit there unused.
The other thing I tried last time was the Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask. Now that one really helped since my biggest issue is having dry skin. It really was the first thing I got when I arrived. First trip was to Selfridges and by evening I was happily smearing it on my face.
Something else I loved the sound of was the Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer. I already had the regular tinted moisturizer and still use it on days where I just look dead tired, by mixing it up with some of my BB cream. Well... I am sad to report that while it looked absolutely amazing it feels like dust. At least for me. It just cannot compare to the fresh feeling the Maybelline BB Cream, like having just splashed water on my face. Suppose I'm spoiled now.

Other things I got were the Batiste Dry Shampoo, basically just a refill because it's such a life saver! Then I really wanted to try the Maybelline Color Tattoo and since Boots had a 3 for 2 thing going on, I ended up picking up the golden one also. I can tell you know, I'm liking them a lot!
Also in Boots they had this cute mini Benefit package with the Sun Beam, Posie and Cha Cha Tint.To be honest, I didn't need any of them but they looked so cute! Must say, I really like what the Sun Beam can do.
And of course, the Revlon Lip Butters. It's been awhile I wanted to get one but my face is not made for wearing pink and this particular one, the Creme Brulee seemed to never be in stock. Until now.
And then, guys, I discovered the Top Shop lip section! Never a huge fan of matte things as they dried out my lips to destruction, but upon trying the Top Shop Lip Pencil I was in complete awe! It stays on for what seems forever and doesn't dry your lips out. The Lip Bullet is more hydrating to begin with as it has a shimmery finish but the color...wow! Big fan here. I wish they had a bigger array of lip pencils because a nude one like that would save my life.If you have any other lip pencil suggestions, throw them my way, please!
Last but not least, stocked up on the Eyeko Fat Mascara because you can't not know what a fan I am by now!

Now, is there any one of these you'd like me to review first?


                     


                                  You can also Follow on * Bloglovin *  Twitter * Facebook 

4 comments:

  1. I must admitt I am quite envious!:))I allready own Permanent Taupe but I know for a fact I need On and On Bronze and Pink Gold to keep it company!:))Hope I'll solve the problem soon! Lots of goodies there! enjoy them all!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No nail polishes this time? I'm heart broken :)) Anyways, you got yourself some really nice products here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked up some awesome pieces :) I really want to try the Maybelline colour tattoos :)

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...