Saturday, June 8, 2013

Top Tracks Of The Month

This month has been pretty full of new songs and a couple I've been dusting off and playing a lot. Basically, the way I pick my new worthy songs is: Can I run on them?
Of course there are usually many more criteria but since, once spring is here I finally can go running outside again, it plays a pretty big part in picking favorites.

Best example is the following song. I has the perfect rhythm to go with great running. When I'm outside I obviously don't time myself, but when I'm on the treadmill I can see my speed and time and with this song, I've been going on insane speeds without my lungs breaking. This qualifies as my ultimate running song.


*Some of these you will need to watch on Youtube as they don't want to be embedded
Click on each to see which one works that way*


Macklemore - Can't Hold Us




Then, once summer happens, I go into a feelgood music phase that needs to have a proper groove in songs. The following two songs are pretty much the definition of that. Especially the Daft Punk one, that has probably been specifically created to get that 70s sound back.

Daft Punk Ft. Pharrell Williams - Get Lucky 


Naughty Boy - La La La


Then there's a song I have on replay at work. It's basically one of those songs that makes you get things done. As far as motivating tunes go, and songs that make you feel pretty badass and powerful, I don't think there's many that can top this one.It's also a good one when you're pissed off, as it somehow makes the anger dissipate, which is the complete opposite of what you'd expect from it.


Prodigy - Poison



The next song is all kinds of interesting, because it has a good rhythm but it's clearly not a cheesy pure dance song. If you watch the video you'll actually see a message in it but it also seems to be happy go lucky if you don't focus on content. It can basically be listened to in any mood.

Rudimental - Waiting All Night



The following song is one of those things where it's a feeling that dominates. And I'm really liking the feeling of this tune. I remember listening to it when the weather wasn't playing along and it really made things nicer.

Bastille - Pompeii



And actually there is one more song that will ruin my perfectly rounded Top  but I'll include it anyway. Not sure why I like this one but it's got a nice vibe to it that fits with spring and summer. For some reason the melody of the chorus is quite good and that whistling is spot on. Now for the rest...I could live without it, but I mean, why not?

Ke$ha - Crazy Kids 
($ee, I even wrote it grammatically correct)








                                        You can also Follow on * Bloglovin *  Twitter * Facebook 

2 comments:

  1. Lately I've been loving Let Her Go by Passenger, it's such a beautiful song x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...