Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday Blues: My Self Made Polish!

Hello Monday...again.

Well this Monday, I have an awesome thing to show you! If you haven't seen my Tutorial on Making Nail Polish(<-- it's that one,it's that one!), last week, I made my very first nail polish in the color I had been looking to find for ages!

This is how it all began


























And then, after the few steps I described in the Tutorial it ended up looking like this!



























I was surprised how well it looked on my nails, how fast it dried ( less than a minute!) and how much it lasted. Loved the shimmer of it and how it had a gorgeous cool blue tone I couldn't find anywhere in this particular combination.

It's the dusky dark blue I was looking for and I'm so so sure that it will be the shade I will be wearing A LOT for the rest of the year
I don't know if you've seen my Metallic Polishes Top 5 , but this polish will definitely be making an appearance in the updated Top 5.

Now here's the thing, I can't have a favorite polish without a name, right?
So my question to you is: What should I call this polish?


Also, check out the other lovely ladies who went all blue today

Gosia from Life in Color!
Mihaela from Lacquerbuzz
Marisa from Polish Obsession


You can also Follow on * Twitter * FacebookBloglovin * 


 

14 comments:

  1. The color looks really nice and I love the first photo!

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked how it clumped up a bit in the bottle and I was lucky enough there was a sunset happening :)

      Delete
  2. It looks gorgeous! You could do the standard zoya thing and give it an actual name... ''joanna'' would work! ;-) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I shall see if I'm narcissistic enough to name it after me. The problem is,what do I name my next creation then? hehe

      Delete
  3. Wow!! This looks great!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wasn't expecting it to turn out this good on the first try to be honest

      Delete
  4. The first picture is amaaazing! Love the nail polish! The first thing that came up to my mind was: Midnight Intoxication. That's how I'd name it if it was mine haha

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about something night related too. Dusk,dawn,midnight....The brainstorming club is in session!

      Delete
  5. Love it! I havent made any colors for a long time... I really miss it. You've inspired me! I think I'd call it midnight wind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! That's absolutely incredible - I would never have thought to make my own nail polish! Great post :)

    P0LARMILK.COM

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...